How to Choose a Jewish Dating Site (And The BIG Secret To Finding Love Online)

ByAnna Houck
Who else is thinking about starting the New Year with a RED hot romance? Are you single, Jewish and trying to figure out the best way to meet other single Jews? Maybe you've considered lots of mainstream general online dating sites, or even small "niche" Jewish community sites that cater to your specific religious affiliation? (e.g. - there are now sites for super religious Jews, Reform Jews, and just about every other possible permutation as well)
I'm going to give you the easiest way to truly find your match if you are super serious about online dating, and I'm also going to tell you WHY this strategy is the best to boot. Curious to know why? Continue reading as we take a closer look below.
Filed Under: My Confession
The truth is, I've belonged to just about every dating site under the sun at one point or another. And, as someone in my mid 30's at this point, it's grown increasingly important to me to meet someone who FITS at least MOST of my primary priorities.
And to be TOTALLY honest with you, while I've dated people from all religions, races and ethnicities, as I get older... it just is MORE important to me than ever before, to marry someone who shares my faith. Who shares in my culture, and the traditions, and backgrounds of my family and close friends.
What I found myself doing on the mainstream dating sites, the ones that everyone belongs to, was actually searching for other Jews, simply because that has become super important to me.
And of course, out of hundreds of thousands of members... we were only a very small percentage of the whole, meaning the chances of meeting my potential perfect partner, percentage wise... was not great.
Then I went the OPPOSITE route, and joined the super small Jewish dating sites that catered to my geographical area, or even to the branch of Judaism I follow.
This time, the results were FAR too small to really have a good opportunity to meet my match.
Finally, I decided to join the most mainstream Jewish dating site, with hundreds of thousands of members, and thousands of testimonials, success stories and couples to finally had found love.
The reason I went this route....even though I had resisted it for a long while was simple!
Both of my sisters fell in love with men they met on this site. (and now my first niece as well!)
My TOP recommendation for people looking to fall in love online, AND who are Jewish like me?
Go out OFTEN. Say YES, even when saying no is easier. (even if you don't think the person on the other end is going to be a love connection, I truly have made some great friends, and had some great adventures with people I knew would NOT be a romantic match)
Keep it light. Don't write your life story on your profile... and don't use bad cliches, or appear to take yourself too seriously. I've found that being FUNNY is the best way to attract other cool people, and not scaring away others by being super serious about "my match."
Don't use professional pictures. Why? Because unless you walk around with professional lighting and a stylist, you are NOT reflecting the "you" that he or she is going to meet when you first say Hi. Be real. That's really the key to everything in life, and when it comes to meeting others online, being true to who you are is the key to finding your perfect match.
Lastly... have fun! Dating sites, especially those that cater to small niches (like Jewish dating) have truly changed the landscape of the relationship space. A Rabbi told me last year that HALF of his marriages now are those that emanated from an online meeting... as that percentage is ONLY going to go up as they're popularity continues to rise!
Are YOU a "JUICY" Jew? Click HERE and Find OUT Now!